Hey there! It’s been a while since I’ve used this blog – but I wanted to document some of my favorite new recipes from while my husband and I’s January Whole 30 adventure.
DISCLAIMER: These cashew date protein balls may technically be considered non-compliant by some, but, I take things with a grain of salt. While all of the ingredients are definitely compliant, Whole 30 encourages folks to not combine ingredients like these (i.e. dates/nuts/coconut) to make “treats.”
That said – in my opinion – these are healthy, delicious, and a great affordable alternative to lara bars! The ingredients are honestly not that different than your average lara bar.
- Chop dates into quarters (unless you have a high-quality food processor).
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix by hand or add to food processor to combine.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Optional: Sprinkle additional pinch of cinnamon and/or cacao powder (makes them less sticky when holding).
- Put in refrigerator for at least one hour.