Compared to New York and LA, I would argue DC is a bit lacking in the wellness scene – and smoothie/juice bars are no exception. While DC has some AMAZING places to grab a fresh green juice or a protein-packed smoothie, there really aren’t a ton of options to choose from.
That’s why I was excited to compile this little mini-guide of DC’s best smoothie spots! These are by no means the only smoothie spots in DC, but are, at the least, my personal favs! If you know of others you think are just as good or that I should try – please do let me know! The Fitt DC guide also has a great poston all of the juiciest spots… get it? 😉
I can’t deny it, I’m a SUCKER for South Block. I fell in love with South Block when I worked at the George Washington University and would spend lunch breaks walking to the GWU gym which houses South Block’s original location.
South Block has a huge variety of delicious, healthy, and nutrient-dense smoothies. A lot of people love their smoothie bowls as well. Some of their locations have wraps and grain bowls too! I haven’t tried any BUT I’m excited to try them at their Arlington location (I’m moving there later this month!)
- Favorite smoothie: The Avocado Butter (that name, though…) +the PBJ (with acai + PB).
- Favorite smoothie bowl: The freakin’ Nutella Bowl. Hands down. I mean, who wouldn’t want Nutella on their smoothie bowl…?
- Locations: DC (Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Union Market), Alexandria (Del Ray, Old Town), Clarendon, East Falls Church and Vienna.
JRINK is mostly known for their juices. They offer 3- and 6-packs of juice cleanses (or “reboot programs”) and have a ton of nutritious and unique flavors! They also recently announced that they’re opening an “Apothékary.” It will be open in DuPont Circle this summer!
- Favorite juice: The Hulk (Spinach, kale, almonds, cinnamon, vanilla and dates) + the Black Magic (Activated charcoal, aloe vera, grape and lemon)
- Locations: 14th Street, DuPont, Adams Morgan, Foggy Bottom, East Market and Clarendon.
Juice. Tacos. What more do you need!? I love JACO because they’re a one stop shop for juice/smoothies AND tacos! They have a ton of healthy and unique flavor combos! I wish they had more locations, as they’re only DC location is in Georgetown a bit north of the main strip of M Street. But, lemme tell ya, it’s worth the trip!
- Favorites tacos: The Veggin’ Out (kale, potato, roasted poblano creama,white bean, cojita cheese, pico and tomatillo.) Mouth is already watering as I type.
- Favorite smoothie: The Brooklyn (pineapple, kale, avocado, cardamom, almond milk, banana, fresh lemon juice, and agave).
Fruitive is my newest smoothie/juice discovery in DC. I haven’t actually been to their location in City Center, but I’ve been loving their juices from the DC farmers markets (such as the DuPont market). Fruitive has other locations in Virginia Beach and Norfolk, VA. BUT, a little birdie (aka a lady at the DuPont Farmer’s Market Fruitive stand) told me they’re opening a location in DuPont this summer! With JRINK’s reinvention of their DuPont location and Fruitive moving in, DuPont will be the new smoothie/juice hot spot!
- Favorite juices: The Caffe Latte (Coffee, Cashew Milk (Water, Cashews), Dates, Sea Salt) + the Golden Root (Cashew Milk (Water, Cashews), Turmeric, Dates, Vanilla Bean, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Sea Salt).