It should be no surprise that I love all things smoothies. Smoothies, smoothie bowls, anything smoothie-related. That said, until recently, I’d never actually made an “acai bowl.”
One thing I’d always disliked about acai bowls is that so many of them are packed with added sugars. That’s why I was excited to find that Trader Joe’s frozen acai puree packets have ZERO added sugar! It’s just pure acai! That, of course, motivated me to make my first bowl. And let me tell you, that was not the last one I’ll be making… I may be the last person so jump on the acai food trend, but better late than never! Check out the recipe below.
Acai Bowl Recipe
Total time: ~15 minutes
- 1 unsweetened frozen packet of acai puree (like Trader Joe’s Organic Unsweetened acai puree packet)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- 2 strawberries (thinly sliced)
- handful of blueberries
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Throw all acai bowl ingredients in a blender and blend on medium high for about two minutes.
- Poor smoothie mix into a bowl.
- Add toppings!
- Layer mango, strawberry, blueberries, chia seeds and granola
- Drizzle almond butter
- Sprinkle chia seeds