In an attempt to step up my smoothie bowl game, I’ve been experimenting with different flavor combos for smoothie bowls lately.
This smoothie bowl is perfect for breakfast because the main ingredients are matcha (with a little caffeine, but not as much as coffee so no jitters!) and avocado, full of healthy fats to start off your day.
Avo-Matcha Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Total time: ~20 minutes
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins matcha collagen peptides
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup spinach and/or kale
- 1 cup almond milk (or whichever milk you prefer)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use Greek for smoothie bowls for a thicker consistency)
- 2 bananas
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium for about two minutes.
- Poor smoothie mix into a bowl.
- Add toppings!
- Layer kiwi, strawberry, blueberries, chia seeds and granola
- Sprinkle coconut shreds and flaxseed on top